ARM DS-5 IDE Overview
ARM® DS-5 Development Studio is built on the standard Eclipse development environment providing outstanding windows management, project management, and C/C++ source code editing tools. DS-5 brings a huge number of features specific to ARM to the Eclipse platform, making it the most powerful toolchain available for ARM software development.
You can use DS-5 as a stand-alone Eclipse installation or as plug-ins to an existing Eclipse environment.
To learn more about Eclipse, download DS-5 and follow the tutorials, which will help to guide you through the Eclipse platform. ARM Infocenter contains in-depth documentation for further information.
Powerful Source Code Editing
The Eclipse IDE's fully featured C/C++ source editor helps you spend more time writing code and less time chasing down syntax errors.
- Outline view which lists functions, variables, and declarations
- Highlights syntax errors in your C/C++ source code
- Configurable syntax colorization and code formatting for C/C++ and ARM/Thumb™/Thumb-2™ assembly
- Full change history which can integrated with popular source code control systems, including CVS and SVN
- Refactor function names and code segments globally, saving time in complex projects
- Collapse functions to simplify large bodies of code
Greatly speed up your authoring with Function Help and Function Autocomplete, which put a huge number of C/C++ functions at your disposal.
Easy File Transfer to Target
DS-5 includes a Remote System Explorer (RSE) perspective for easy transfer of applications and libraries to the Linux file system on the target.
- FTP connection to the target to explore its file system, create new folders, and drag & drop files from the host machine
- Open files on the target's file system by double-clicking on them in the FTP view. Edit them within Eclipse and save them directly to the target's file system
- Shell and terminal windows enable running Linux commands on the target system without a monitor and keyboard
- Display a list of processes running on the target
Flexible Window Management
The window management system in Eclipse enables the optimal utilization of your visual workspace.
- Support for multiple source code and debugger views: ideal for multicore debug
- Arrange your windows however you like: floating (detached), docked, tabbed, or minimized into the Fast View bar
- Support of multi-screen set-ups by dragging and dropping detached windows to additional monitors